Magento Developers: Development Partners Towards Success￼
Magento is a PHP-based platform that aids programmers in the creation of eCommerce websites. Varien released it on March 31, 2008, and it was built on the Zend Framework. Adobe completed their commerce loop in 2018 when they paid $1.68 billion for Magento. This purchase has also aided Magento’s growth in the enterprise market.
It is a well-known eCommerce platform that many people utilize as a reliable solution for their online business. This eCommerce platform is trusted by over 240,000 retailers around the world. Magento’s eCommerce medium delivers you with the resources you require to attract more clients, sell more products, and improve your returns.
Techliance has named Magento as one of the top ten eCommerce platforms for 2021 globally.
According to Litextension’s in-house data, in 2020, Magento was one of the three platforms that vendors relocated to the most, while just a minority of supply owners chose other platforms.
Magento development encompasses a wide range of activities, from setting up and configuring your Magento store to creating Magento themes and adding unique functionality to your website.
Magento is popular for providing simple and flexible solutions for development of your E-commerce Stores. Its key features include managing your products and categories with ease, listing unlimited products and categories, user management, mangeable theme system, search engine optimization, and ownership of your data.
On the Magento CMS Platform, there are two interpretations:
- Magento Community Edition: Magento is open-source software that may be downloaded for free from the Magento website. Developers and small businesses use it to power their eCommerce websites. The community platform is designed, developed, and supported by Don Web Solutions.
- Magento Enterprise Edition: Chargeable rigorous software suited for large businesses that offers many more features and has specialist support from Magento.
Magento divides their web developer options into three categories, allowing you to choose the best fit for your company based on its type and size. The Magento web development ecosystem is divided into three primary categories: Solution Partners, Technology Partners, and Community Insiders.
Groups have different skill sets to help you realize your vision for a successful ecommerce development platform. This breakdown helps the customers gain maximum benefits from Magento’s products and achieve their goals.
Magento Solution Partners are Magento-approved consulting firms that assist business owners in making favorable, long-lasting impressions on their clients. Solution Partners cater to the demands of the entire customer base, which includes both B2B and B2C customers, resulting in outstanding E-commerce experiences for both consumers and business purchasers.
This global network of over 350 partners works with businesses of all sizes to improve the quality of their digital platforms, from small and mid-market to major corporations.
In the dynamic environment, where competition becomes tougher by the day and it becomes more difficult to stand out, working with a Solution Partner can provide a variety of major commercial benefits. Solution Partners create cutting-edge B2C and B2B digital experiences for a variety of globally recognized brands, ranging from SMBs to Fortune 100 companies.
Solution Partners can assist you in integrating third-party applications into your website so that you may satisfy all of your customer needs while increasing operational flexibility. Your Solution Partner can also help create a unique plan for setting up a website that stands out from the rest of the competition while also increasing traffic.
Magento Solution Partners are skilled and certified to offer several workable techniques, regardless of whether you’re operating a B2C or B2B eCommerce experience.
Types of Solution Partners
The Magento Solution Partner Program is structured in a tiered approach to assist businesses in locating the most appropriate web developers for their eCommerce website requirements. New Magento clients should collaborate with their sales rep and/or account lead to finding the ideal SI partner for their project.
Business Solution Partners
The Business Solution Partner tier focuses on working with companies that have recently launched a Magento website or have an existing Magento commerce site. Because of the training and certification standards that Solutions Partners must meet, merchants are encouraged to collaborate with them.
The Magento site presently features 24 Business Solution Partner organizations, all of which can be filtered by area, location, or industry specialty. One filter, in particular, allows you to see how many employees at a firm have Magento 2 certifications, with organizations sorted by the number of Magento 2 certified employees.
Regardless of their listing position, each agency will have a minimum of four Magento 2 certified employees.
Each partner company has been thoroughly validated by Magento to ensure the integrity of your project. On their Magento Partner website, you can learn about their company, goods, prior clients, and current certifications.
Professional Solution Partners
Professional Solution Partners is the next degree of support for organizations, and it includes enterprises with established eCommerce operations and specialized Magento professionals. Magento presently works with 41 Professional Solution Partners, all of whom are up to date on the most recent Magento upgrades to ensure that your website runs smoothly.
You can expect to engage with partners who offer highly specialized items specific to your business at this level of professional service.
Enterprise Solution Partners
The next available tier of Solution Partners is Enterprise Solution Partners. This tier contains highly experienced consulting organizations that provide full-service website development and have regularly demonstrated their Magento Platform eCommerce expertise.
Magento presently has 39 qualified partners in this category, including web developers from a variety of product and industry specializations. Multiple Magento certification programs will be used by these web development organizations to hire team members.
Elite Solution Partners
The Global Elite Solution Partners, which are made up of highly experienced participants in the web development sector, are the final tier of Solution Partners. Full-service system integrators, consultants, and agencies that have proven expertise in the digital commerce industry are considered Global Elite partners.
Their skills range from UX/CX design to complicated program management, as well as powerful managed service and support options available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. At the moment, only eight organizations are part of this exclusive partner tier, which is an invitation-only solution partner category. They provide services to merchants all over the world.
Magento’s technology program is divided into three levels: general, select, and premier, each with its own set of benefits. While some levels of engagement come with additional perks and restrictions, Magneto believes that all partners are strategically important to Magento and its community.
Every Magento Technology partner contributes to the Magento platform’s extensibility, and they can be put in two categories of participants:
Extension Builders: –
Developers, system integrators, and other members of the Magento community who create extensions to extend the capabilities of the core Magento platform make up this category. These Magento Marketplace extensions work with Magento code in both cloud and on-premise environments.
Some of these contributions are given to the Open-Source platform as part of the community engineering activities, while others are sold separately in the Marketplace.
If one is an extension developer, Marketplace Membership may be enough, but if one is seeking for the partner team to assist them in enhancing their exposure to the community through Magento’s digital domains, the Technology Partner Program may be a good fit.
ISV Partners: –
Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) are companies that develop and sell their own software or services. Their integrations are available on Marketplace; however, their solutions are not built into Magento as extensions.
Merchants will need to contract with these partners independently once they have downloaded the actual connection or integration (unlike Extension Builders who usually do not require a contract with their firm to purchase the incremental functionality).
ISV Partners can operate entirely on the Marketplace, although this presents issues in terms of the needed Revenue Share for subscription payments earned (30 percent).
ISVs can avoid paying the Marketplace revenue share by joining the Technology Partner program and paying the annual participation fees, allowing them to focus on using the program’s benefits to expand their exposure and business.
There are three levels of investment for ISV partners, with the investment corresponding to the engagement and advantages listed below:
These are the most popular partnerships, and they are usually the first level that ISVs evaluate when considering Magento as a partner. The benefits of these types of partnerships are divided into three categories: marketing, enablement, and ecosystem exposure, all of which General Partners can access on a self-service basis.
These partnerships offer many of the same services and benefits as General partners, but they also pair partners with a personal Partner Manager. The Partner Manager will build and manage a yearly go-to-market strategy to help you take advantage of Magento’s many benefits.
To deliver on a shared value offer and unique business case, these relationships necessitate tremendous investment and cooperation on both ends. This will eventually result in tangible benefits for Magento Partners and ecosystems. This is an invitation-only connection, and several of Magento’s current Premier partners have emerged from General and Select partnerships.
In Adobe Experience Cloud, Magento represents the Commerce component. While many of Magento’s partners benefit from working with both Adobe and Magento, some prefer to work with Magento alone. Because the Technology Partner Program continues to provide value to Magento partners and the broader commerce ecosystem of merchants, it is one of the many partner programs managed by Adobe.
Magento Community Insiders are Magento-certified web developers who can help you build or maintain your Magento eCommerce site. The Insider Program is a step towards becoming an official Partner and provides an entry point to begin a formal engagement with Magento.
These web developers and smaller businesses must have at least one certified Magento web developer on staff and prior experience working with Magento to become Insiders. Insiders have complete access to Magento’s platform as well as a wealth of tools and knowledge, making them a valuable resource for companies trying to build and expand successful eCommerce sites.
What should you consider before hiring a Magento developer?
Know your aim
1. You don’t need to know everything there is to know about Magento; just the essentials will suffice, and you’ll be able to comprehend your store’s demands, challenges, and strengths.
2. You should be clear on matters such as time frames, priorities, and the investment you are planning to make.
3. If you’re well-versed in your field, you will be able to set the expectations right for the developer and thus achieve the desired result.
4. You should also be well aware of the level of customization needed for your project
5. Staying up to date on the Magento development process is crucial to your success
Connect with possible Magento partners
1. Try to make a relationship with someone who may give you useful information about a skilled Magento developer through your friends.
2. Try to extend your wings on social media platforms like LinkedIn, where you can connect with professionals from all around the world for any job.
3. Check on trusted freelance sites for certified and skilled individuals which can help you achieve the desired result.
4. You should broaden your search for the top Magento partners by seeking suggestions from trusted friends and colleagues, as well as someone from the industry.
Look for Magento developers who are certified
1. Magento Certification Exams are designed for experts that would prefer to prove something else and work for individual customers than compete with Magento credentials. This demonstrates their commitment to working as a developer.
2. The types of certifications available differ depending on the level of professionalism required within the magento multi vendor marketplace platform.
3. The Magento Corporation offers certification to developers who want to put their talents to the test in a real-world setting. As a result, it assists customers in locating Magento developers.
Establish a long-term partnership
1. Keep in mind that when a new developer joins the team, there will be a learning curve. Your programmer must be available at all times, particularly during problem-solving sessions.
2. Post-development support is important as there will be updates and new features which will require developer expertise.
3. License renewals for extensions and themes, along with new ideas and features become available from time to time which can only be implemented with the help of the domain expert.
4. Long lasting relationship with the Magento partner is needed in order to meet your evolving needs and customizations.
5. Long-term partnerships will ensure protection of your store from malicious attacks as the developer will implement latest updates or versions of security provided by Magento and also other security measures like SQL firewall, executing HTTPS, unique URLs etc.
All these above factors Make Magneto developers stand out in the market; thus, they help partners to develop a solution which is cost-effective and helps the client to grow their business and achieve heights of success.